An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to create, open, or use the company file. Try again, if the problem persists then contact Quickbooks Support or Quickbooks Error Support,and get sufficient support in order to troubleshoot the error codes: (-6150,-1006).
How to fix the error
There are six recommended solutions to resolve this problem. Start using from the first one to resolve this error. You might need to go to the subsequent solution if the problem does not go with one solution until you reach the sixth solution. However, if the problem persists even after the sixth one, then something else is to be done. Under such circumstances, you are left with no choice than to calling Quickbooks Support or Quickbooks Error Support.
Solution 1: Verify the file extensions
Step 1:You have toverify the company name file extension
- Right-click company name icon.
- Select the QuickBooks tab and note down the Filename with its extension.
Note down the QuickBooks version with which the file was created.Click OK to Move to the next step.
Step 2:You should Copy the company name file and change its extension
- Right-click the company name icon and select Copy.
- Now Paste it to a blank space.
- Now Right-click the copy and select Rename.
- Now Change the extension to .qbmand Click outside the rename window in order to save the change.
- Now Open QuickBooks and pursue the Restore a portable company file/ backup file instructions.
- Now Rename the file extension to .qbbjust like step 4.
- Now Open QuickBooks again and redo the Restore a portable company file/ backup file instructions.
- Now Rename the file extension to .qbxjust like step 4 and 6.
- Now Go toQuickBooks and pursue the Convert an accountants copy instructions.
- If the file doesnot open,move on to the next set of solutions.
Solution 2: If you were converting from a previous version of QuickBooks
In case the error occurred during a conversion from a prior version of QuickBooks, then restore the backup created during the conversion process in the prior version of QuickBooks.
Note: In case, all computers in a multi-user configuration report the error,then you should not Repair/Uninstall/ Reinstall the QuickBooks, as it is Most likely data related and not program related.
Solution 3:Now you should again Restore a portable company file or backup file and follow the below steps:
1: Start QuickBooks in your system.
- Select the File menu and go to Open or Restore Company file.
- Select the Restore a portable company file and Restore the Backup and click Next.
- Now Browsefor the portable company file or backup you want to open, and then go to Open.
- Go to Next.
- Select desired location where you want to save the restored QuickBooks company file thenselectSave.
Please Note: Recommended,yousave the restored file to a local drive, and then copy-paste it to the preferred location after successful completion of restoring the data.
- Now open the Restored portable company file.If it opens successfully then you have done it, if it does not then move to the next step.
- Now openthe Restored backup file. If it opens successfully, congratulations you have done it,if it does not then move to the next solution.
Solution 4: If you have retained one then convert Accountant’s Copy into a regular company file.
Solution 5:You have toRepair the QuickBooks installation
Solution 6:You might have to Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks by taking to a clean install of QuickBooks.
If the above set of solutions does not resolve the issue, you are advised to contact Quickbooks Support or Quickbooks Error Support.