Since QuickBooks is an accounting software, it gets necessary for the users to be completely assured of the security parameters provided by the company for handling crucial data of the organization and its entire finance. Therefore, Intuit, the provider of QuickBooks is reinforcing all the existing security features, which have been designed to protect the sensitive and crucial information of a user and his business. As a part of this initiative, QuickBooks is providing updates in order to address the vulnerabilities posed by the desktop version of QuickBooks. In this article, we will focus on the steps taken by Intuit in order to safeguard its customer’s data.
More about QuickBooks Desktop Security Information
- All the QuickBooks users who have the Credit Card Protection feature on, will have to set a password. This also applies to the users whose QuickBooks Desktop file comprises of sensitive information like the details of the Credit card or PII (Personally Identifiable Information) including the Social Security Number or other identification numbers. This will enable to identify that the person who is attempting to login to the account is authorized.
- All the QuickBooks users who have the option of Credit Card Protection on and can view the entire data of credit card will be required to change the password every 90 days. Other users will not require doing this. However, Intuit strongly recommends the users to change their passwords every 90 days.
- In case the users have not set the password, the administrator account will be notified. This will enable the administrator to remind the other users for setting up the password.
- The customers, who use QuickBooks in multi-user mode, will have to ensure that the users are running a supported version of QuickBooks Desktop and have also installed the security updates in order to address the vulnerability to the security of the account.
- The users who have forgotten the password as well as the hint of the password, need to provide the mail address that they used for registering the QuickBooks account in order to get access of the password reset tool.
- The users who run SDK applications which require QuickBooks to be accessed in an unattended mode, have to log in to the QuickBooks, once the QuickBooks 2016/Enterprise 16 (R7) security update has been applied.
Contact QuickBooks Customer Support for More Information
In case you are still doubtful about the QuickBooks desktop security information, then feel free to contact the QuickBooks customer service for more information. In addition to this in case you encounter any issues while setting up the password or installing the security updates, call the QuickBooks customer support and tell them about the issues.
Since all the customer support executives are highly trained, they will give a complete solution to all your issues and will enable you to solve your security issues. We know that your data security is of utmost importance and thus make sure that your data is not compromised. For assistance, give us a call on our toll free number.